AND SO...

ONE STORY RHYME AFTER TIME

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The sun set

I watched the sun set today, from the great third .
With the ocean to my left and the jungle to my right.
The glorious sun said her farewell for the day as she bathed the waters with golden rays of dying embers
It was a beauty.
My body , though weary from a long hard and tumultuous day gazed on for hours
Moving ever so slowly towards the mainland
An exodus to the mainland.
I asked myself "am I the only one to see this beauty"
Many were already asleep in this human train while many more hustled for the position on the front of the line .
To leave the island in such a hurry as dusk approached
Some running back to the arms of beloved while others away from slave masters
The sun set on all while still on the bridge.
It was a sight to behold , if only I wasn't compelled to do so in such a state .
The sun set nonetheless

No comments:

Post a Comment

check this out

check this out
we can!