AND SO...

ONE STORY RHYME AFTER TIME

Saturday, October 2, 2010

KNOWING ME KNOWING YOU!!!

How long does it take for a person to say ‘I know you’? I can not give a value as to the time in which the discovery of a persons personality should take because, frankly I don’t know. I wish I did but it hit me as usual that it is in did a very long way to discover the true face of a multifaceted entity called ‘MAN’. I will not look back in regret as much as I can or into the future in fear, even if the flickers of hope and embers of bravery continue to die out. I will rather look around in awareness and indeed within. I say to myself ‘I don’t know Mr. A or Ms. B’ but the truth is I don’t even know everything about myself. The days of fulfillment, I hope are near and on that day self discovery in its fullness may be all that is needed. I know some of me and I know that I am multifaceted, but to what extent… no idea. It may just take the whole of my lifetime if I am lucky to be here the whole time.
I wish I knew you, and all those I call friends in the real essence of knowing. I am not speaking in terms of predictability but in terms of understanding the reasons for actions and I sincerely doubt it.
Nowadays, words count for nothing, and lies are thickening with each bend or corner. I too have not been the most honest person in my dealings and unfortunately for me, I once upon a time predicted certain events in my life which have started manifesting. But what bothers me is not the fact that I can lie or you can lie but the fact that we use these lies to distance ourselves from people who feel they should know us. Misdirection as a weapon? Well who can you trust? I don’t want to go down that road of sincerity and trustworthiness but I know that everyone hopes for the day when they can trust a person other than themselves freely and not be disappointed.
Do I know you? I don’t think so.
Will I ever know you? I hope so
Do you feel I should trust you? Earn it
Should you trust me? Honestly, I wish I could answer that.
But whatever you decide or I decide to do with the little details that make up our lives, we can only do 2 things
1 hope
2 try
Maybe we shall be deserving of a trustworthy friend, maybe, one day we (that is me and of course you) shall become a trustworthy friend to some deserving or undeserving friend.
How high can you build the wall to shut out the rest of the world?

1 comment:

  1. generalizations.....

    but u r right about trying n hoping. life keeps throwing us balls n de r not always soft ball! living is d process where we learn to play hard n soft ball n hopefully become better at it.

    ReplyDelete

check this out

check this out
we can!