AND SO...

ONE STORY RHYME AFTER TIME

Sunday, October 31, 2010

VERSES FROM THE CLOSET PART 1

ON AND ON

I sojourn the earth
The experience and lessons, so many
My mind; I wish to be a sponge
Capturing all and leaving nothing out
My brain filters what I want, what I need
And I pray for wisdom to discern
The want from the need
For deep within, the yearnings are numerous and unguarded
Scattered, chaotic and at times barbaric
But I yearn still, to taste as much
To smell as much
To see as much
To feel as much
The sounds, noise and music alike
All to be consumed but not to be consumed by
I must elevate on each stride
Never to dwell on the present
No matter how pleasant it may be
The future, a never ending horizon
Accompanied by unending possibilities
And the risk that will come with each stride
Lessons of the past must teach
Experience and wisdom will guide
And the light to illuminate the path
It is a beautiful world out there
To be inspired from within the senses must be relied upon
And your soul you must bare
Then the voices become clear
And as a stream flows and the wind blows
The earth beckons
‘Come closer and my treasure be revealed’
I must search, on and on
Through the woods and deserts
My yearnings must be guarded
I reach the very end
I have enjoyed he ride
The Prize
A Trophy or just an illusion
Turn not my expectant heart into bitterness
And with a reward
BLESS ME.

1 comment:

  1. cool, u should try publish this one. rings true with plenty words of wisdom-stuff to share.

    seems ur prose (or is it poetry) has good finesse! i'm proud of u bro

    ReplyDelete

check this out

check this out
we can!