AND SO...

ONE STORY RHYME AFTER TIME

Thursday, March 6, 2014

TAKING A LEAF FROM THE ARSENAL FANS

I have tried and tried to hold myself back from ranting and I think the time for silence is over, not as if those who need to hear this will read or implement what I write hear but we can only wish and hope that it would do some good to the other aching hearts out there that bleed as red as mine. It would be overstating the issue however that this season in the self-acclaimed “best league in the world” that for the first time since my football watching IQ had developed and the passion for the sport has caused many a quarrel between myself and a number of girlfriends and family and roommates, I actually have no reason to look forward to watching my beloved team every other week. I would have been consoled if the only problem was inconsistency or injury or even cluelessness but I dare say that the red mancunians who have, for the past 2 decades have thrived on excellence have a more harmful enemy, mediocrity. I pray for the sake of my love that I am wrong but the one time great team, recently managed by the legend, Sir Alex now looks more average than most sides without being able to gather any momentum whatsoever, on and off the pitch. I hope Moyes is the man for his own sake because managing a club like Manchester united is no mean feat and his failures this season only go to highlight how legendary and epic the feat of SAF has being for the past 20 years. I can imagine the players listening to a half time talk after a dreadful first half performance, after being accustomed to a brutal hair dryer for many years listening to the new manager who has no pedigree locally or in Europe. Rooney might be thinking “what does he know about winning championships?” and Ferdinand , “this is school boy basics mate, we need more”. We all know what Vidic has being saying “he can’t do any better than he did at Merseyside”. This might be early days for him and the results so far speak against him, he may have time and like Brendan Rodgers begin to build a side many would argue are already past their prime, but if the recent managerial sacking doesn’t get to old Trafford soon, many a Manchester United fan would like to take a leaf from arsenal fans and know that for the next decade or so, we shall embark on our days in trophy wilderness.
The BPL trophy could head to London, that I would hate very much or to the red of Merseyside which is not entirely impossible but for the trophy to remain in Manchester , some (myself inclusive) would argue would be deserving of a Manchester City side brimming with goals and one of the most lethal attacking line ups in Europe. One thing is for sure, arsenal fans have tried and Manchester united will not win a trophy this season.
MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

check this out

check this out
we can!