AND SO...

ONE STORY RHYME AFTER TIME

Friday, December 13, 2013

THE DATE: the way it goes before it goes well



This is what broke guys like me, do when we have a little time on our hands and internet access. We observe and share our observation. Today is no different. Still broke with a little time and internet access, I go to a public place, the kind of place guys take their girlfriends or prospective girlfriends to, to have a good time. I am guilty of this said act, but only when I am not broke. Sadly today, I am broke, so what do I do with my attention, as I have no one to share it with I simply observe.
What do I observe today? Well! Simply put, girls are not too kind. Here is the scenario.
Man A takes lady A to a restaurant to get ice cream and sharwarma and all the things lady A wants that she would rather not spend her money on because she is busy buying make up and clothes and jewellery, I am assuming she uses her money (judgemental me). Coming into the restaurant, Man A and lady A are holding hands and smiling and all chatty and touching and rubbing arms and I am like “wow! Lovely couple”. Man A places order for lady A’s choice and she orders mercilessly. Man A is trying not to lose his cool, his facial expression is hiding the pain in his heart. He finally heaves a sigh of relief as lady A concludes her order and he politely ask for “water”. Cliché? Well the pocket don’t lie. So, they assemble at the table and from my vantage point, I can’t hear the conversation but as lady A consumes the banquet before her, she smiles at him and they have a very lovely lunch. Time is ticking and I see her looking at her watch, the banquet is not yet finished but it is obvious that lady A has had her fill. She looks at Man A pleadingly, pointing at her watch, I am guessing she has to go cos she has a curfew or lectures or another date, Man A is trying to be as composed as he can be, before his eyes the waste of the incompletely consumed banquet that can feed 5000 and still fill 12 wicker baskets, his money (borrowed or pocket money or hustled). She gesticulates that she has to go, her pleading look begins to turn into a frown, Man A is beginning to waste her time and she is getting offended. Man A tries to be a gentle man and finally obliges her, they get up, Man A approaches the counter to pay the bill but Lady A is walking briskly to the exit of the restaurant. I laugh a little but I really pity Man A, I have been there many times and may still visit this scenario myself sometime in the future, I really don’t know. Man A pays and looks around for lady A, she is no where around him, he finally spots her at the exit of the restaurant on her phone, laughing and giggling at whoever is on the other side of the line. Man A approaches and tries to hold her, “atleast lets go out the way we came in” he must be thinking, but lady A is having none of that, still on the phone she takes the lead as she hurriedly leaves the restaurant environment, Man A trying to catch up with her as they both scamper out of my sight and back into their own respective worlds of whatever they were before I observed. The end justifies the means should be his consolation for the day.
I smile, I have been here before and I have observed this particular scenario with multiple variations and multiple characters involved and I know what is happening in each persons head. All I can say is that it is more of a pleasure to observe such than to be in the shoes of Man A, at least at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

check this out

check this out
we can!